From the version 5.0, Octopus will not run on Windows XP anymore. The reasons for this are:
- In order to further improve the quality of our software, we have decided to improve our tools for development and testing tools. This requires a recent version of .NET framework, which does not run on Windows XP.
- Microsoft will stop supporting Windows XP in 2014.
| Download complete installation guide:|
- Supported Operating Systems:*Windows Vista SP2 (x86 and x64);Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64);Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64);Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 and x64);
- 32-Bit Systems: Computer with Intel or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended. Only a single processor is supported)
- 64-Bit Systems: 1.4 GHz or higher processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended. Only a single processor is supported)
- Minimum of 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or more is recommended)
- 2 GB of free hard disk space
Additional components requirement
Before to start install Octopus, you have to install following components:
- Database server - Octopus is compatible with Microsoft SQL Server. Following versions are tested:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008;
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express;
- Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2;
- Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2 Express.
- Report viewer - Octopus show reports in Crystal report viewer, then you can export these reports to any other format (Excel, Word and so on)